- SG: +65 64383504
- IN: 022 25771219
- IN: 022 25792714
- IN: +91 9987536436
DevOps Engineer- Docker
WHO WE ARE :
Established in 2009, we are a leading open source solutions and consulting company in South East Asia and India, with headquarters in Singapore. We enable Digital transformation for large enterprises through our design, architecting and solution skills. Over 100 large enterprises of the region have acknowledged our expertise in delivering solutions using key open source technologies. Our offerings form critical part of Digital transformation, Big Data, Containerization, DevOps and IT modernization initiatives of the large enterprises. We represent EnterpriseDB, Elastic, Docker, MongoDB, Nginx, Pentaho, Couchbase as their key partners for the region. Our team members bring decades of experience in delivering confidence to enterprises in adopting open source software and are known for their thought leadership.
As a team culture, Ashnik is a family for its team members. Each member brings in different perspective, new ideas and diverse background. Yet we all together strive for one goal – to deliver best solution to our customer using open source software. We passionately believe in power of collaboration. Through an open platform of idea exchange we create vibrant environment for growth and excellence.
THE POSITION :
Ashnik is looking for talented and passionate Technical consultant to be part of the technical team and work with customers on Docker and containers. You will be responsible for implementation and consultations related work for customers across SEA and India. Typical implementation and consultation scope would cover installation and configuration of Docker EE platform, advising best practices around setup, backup & other admin tasks and containerization of applications. We are looking for personnel with personal qualities like –
- Passion for working for different customers and different environments
- Excellent communication and articulation skills
- Aptitude for learning new technology and willingness to understand technologies which he/she is not directly working on
- Willingness to travel within and outside the country
- Ability to independently work at the customer site and navigate through different teams
LOCATION : MUMBAI
ESSENTIAL SKILLS :
- 3+ years of experience with B.E/ B.Tech, MCA, Graduation Degree with higher education in the technical field.
- Must have prior experience with docker containers, swarm and/or kubernetes
- Understanding of Operating System, processes, networking and containers.
- Experience/exposure in writing and managing Dockerfile or creating container images.
- Experience of working on Linux platform.
- Ability to perform installations and system/software configuration on Linux.
- Should be aware of networking and SSL/TLS basics.
- Should be aware of tools used in complex enterprise IT infra e.g. LDAP, AD, Centralized Logging solution etc.
A PREFERRED CANDIDATE WILL HAVE :
- Prior experience with Docker EE platform or other container management platform like OpenShift, EKS, ECS etc.
- Docker Certified Associate
- CNCF Kubernetes Certified Administrator/Developer
- Experience with VMWare and Infrastructure components
- Experience with application coding
- Experience with CI/CD tools and their usage
- Knowledge of scripting language e.g. shell scripting
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
FIRST 2 MONTHS :
- Get an in-depth understanding of containers, Docker Engine and runtime, Swarm and Kubernetes
- Get hands-on experience with various features of Docker EE, Universal Control Plane and Docker Trusted Registry
AFTER 2 MONTHS :
- Work with Ashnik’s pre-sales and solution architects to deploy Docker EE Platform for customers
- Work with customer teams and provide them guidance on how Docker EE Platform can be integrated with other tools in their environment (CI/CD, identity management, storage etc)
- Work with customers to containerize their applications
- Write Dockerfile for customers during the implementation phase
- Help customers design their network and security policy for effective management of applications deployed using Swarm and/or Kubernetes
- Help customer design their deployments either with Swarm services or Kubernetes Deployments
- Work with pre-sales and sales team to help customers during their evaluation of Docker EE platform
- Conduct workshops for customers as needed for technical hand-holding and technical handover
- Become Docker Certified Associate – https://success.docker.com/certification
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
You would be adding a great experience of working with a leading open source solutions company in South East Asia region to your career. You would get to learn from the leaders and grow in the industry. This would be a great opportunity for you to grow in your career through continuous learning, adding depth and breadth of technologies. Since we work with key, leading open source technologies and engage with large enterprises it creates enormous possibilities for career growth for our team. Not to mention that our people find the journey with Ashnik to be exciting and fulfilling experience.
Please send us your resume at email@example.com
- Are you the next MongoDB Certified Professional of the Year?
- Ashnik’s SEA Partner Meet 2019, Singapore
- Batch Processing of Machine Data