Postgres Database Administrator
WHO WE ARE :
Established in 2009, Ashnik is a leading open source solutions and consulting company in South East Asia and India, with headquarters in Singapore. We enable Digital transformation for large enterprises through our design, architecting and solution skills. Over 100 large enterprises of the region have acknowledged our expertise in delivering solutions using key open source technologies. Our offerings form critical part of Digital transformation, Big Data platform, Cloud and Web acceleration and IT modernization. We represent EnterpriseDB, Pentaho, Docker, Couchbase, MongoDB, Elastic, Nginx, Sysdig as their key partners for the region. Our team members bring decades of experience in delivering confidence to enterprises in adopting open source software and are known for their thought leadership.
As a team culture, Ashnik is a family for its team members. Each member brings in different perspective, new ideas and diverse background. Yet we all together strive for one goal – to deliver best solution to our customers using open source software. We passionately believe in power of collaboration. Through an open platform of idea exchange we create vibrant environment for growth and excellence.
THE POSITION :
Ashnik is looking for talented and passionate people to be part of database technical team. In this role you will be responsible for installation, administration, configuration, monitoring, debugging and performance tuning using Postgres, open source database technologies. This role will involve maintenance of Databases, regular maintenance, data reorganization, backup, and recovery. You will have the opportunity to design/ redesign the physical architecture to meet client’s requirement to provide optimum performances. You will also be Involved in Automation and new ideas to make the process optimization to meet the unit and customer goals.
LOCATION : Mumbai(Client Location)
What You Will Be Doing :
- You would be monitoring database performance implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required. Also manage security and report incidents.
- Develop Manage Test backup and recovery plans Carry out capacity planning Optimizing queries.
- Resolve difficult/complex incidents affecting the operation/availability of high-profile production databases and handle the escalations.
- Manage the complete Release Cycle from database perspective.
- Identify and maintain Performance metric of databases, operation lesson learned and RCA reporting and assist in the development plan from them.
- Plan and implement medium to high-risk changes on high profile production PostgreSQL databases.
- Analyse and assess the impact and risk of low to medium risk changes on high profile production databases.
- Participate in the planning, preparation, and execution of, regular and other mission-critical activities.
What You Will Bring Along :
- Ideal candidate will preferably have a working experience of 4 Years plus , on production PostgreSQL DBs.
- Experience of working in a production support environment with SLA based issues.
- Good understanding of cluster, replication, back-up, and recovery and building multi-datacenter.
- Experience in Linux and virtualization is mandatory.
- Strong knowledge in Database architecture.
- Expertise in database high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
- Database troubleshooting and expertise in proactive and reactive database performance optimization.
- Expertise in Database Backup and Recovery.
- Knowledge of ITIL process to cater process like Incident management, problem management, change management, and release management.
- Motivated to keep learning new technologies.
- Documenting all the production changes and standard operation.
- Excellent communication written verbal.
- Should be open for all shift
- Technical capabilities PostgreSQL 9.x, 10.x, 11.x
- Expertise in Performance tuning.
- Expertise in PostgreSQL Backup and recoveries
- Good knowledge of Oracle is plus
- Good knowledge on AWS cloud (RDS ) is plus
- Certification is Plus
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
You would be adding a great experience of working with a leading open source solutions company in South East Asia region to your career. You would get to learn from the leaders and grow in the industry. This would be a great opportunity for you to grow in your career through continuous learning, adding depth and breadth of technologies. Since we work with key, leading open source technologies and engage with large enterprises it creates enormous possibilities for career growth for our team. Not to mention that our people find the journey with Ashnik to be exciting and fulfilling experience.
Please send us your resume at email@example.com