- SG: +65 64383504
- IN: 022 25771219
- IN: 022 25792714
- IN: +91 9987536436
PostgreSQL Database Consultant
WHO WE ARE :
Established in 2009, Ashnik is a leading open source solutions and consulting company in South East Asia and India, with headquarters in Singapore. We enable Digital transformation for large enterprises through our design, architecting and solution skills. Over 100 large enterprises of the region have acknowledged our expertise in delivering solutions using key open source technologies. Our offerings form critical part of Digital transformation, Big Data platform, Cloud and Web acceleration and IT modernization. We represent EnterpriseDB, Pentaho, Docker, Couchbase, MongoDB, Elastic, Nginx as their key partners for the region. Our team members bring decades of experience in delivering confidence to enterprises in adopting open source software and are known for their thought leadership.
As a team culture, Ashnik is a family for its team members. Each member brings in different perspective, new ideas and diverse background. Yet we all together strive for one goal – to deliver best solution to our customer using open source software. We passionately believe in power of collaboration. Through an open platform of idea exchange we create vibrant environment for growth and excellence.
THE POSITION :
Ashnik is looking for energetic and passionate professional to be part of the technical team. You will be responsible for designing and implementing database solutions using Postgresql and EDB Postgres. Implementation and design aspects would require you to address high availability, high performance architecture, backup, DR, etc.
LOCATION : Singapore, PR or citizen preferred
- Perform database installations and configuration
- Setup highly available database infrastructure on PostgreSQL using architecture and inputs from Solution Architect and Consultants
- Perform database migration from one database platform (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 etc) to PostgreSQL
- Perform health check and monitoring to collect information for tuning
- Perform tuning of database setup
- Setup database backup and recovery strategy as per customer needs
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Engineering or equivalent degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience working on Postgres/ Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / MariaDB database technologies
- Hands-on experience with Postgres / Oracle database in e.g. installation, administration, configuration, monitoring, debugging and performance tuning.
- Good understanding of Linux and Windows operating system
- Experience in writing and debugging shell scripts
- Experience in cloud and virtualization is preferred
- Experience in NoSQL database technologies would be good to have
- Good knowledge of one or more major programming / scripting languages ( e.g. Java, C/C++, R, PHP) would be added advantage
- Ability to work independently
- Sense of ownership and ability to get things done in complex situations
- Attention to details
- Strong written and oral communication skills along with the ability to communicate technical concepts in a simple and concise manner.
- Good presentation skills
- Team builder and team player, pro-active and energetic and ability to lead teams.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
You would be adding a great experience of working with a leading open source solutions company in South East Asia region to your career. You would get to learn from the leaders and grow in the industry. This would be a great opportunity for you to feel and experience entrepreneurial environment. You would be recognized for being part of a team that brings key open source technologies from around the world to South East Asia and India market.
Please send us your resume at email@example.com