- SG: +65 64383504
- IN: 022 25771219
- IN: 022 25792714
- IN: +91 9987536436
Pre-Sales Consultant : PostgreSQL and Cloud database
WHO WE ARE :
Established in 2009, Ashnik is a leading open source solutions and consulting company in South East Asia and India, with headquarters in Singapore. We enable Digital transformation for large enterprises through our design, architecting and solution skills. Over 100 large enterprises of the region have acknowledged our expertise in delivering solutions using key open source technologies. Our offerings form critical part of Digital transformation, Big Data platform, Cloud and Web acceleration and IT modernization. We represent EnterpriseDB, Pentaho, Docker, Couchbase, MongoDB, Elastic, Nginx as their key partners for the region. Our team members bring decades of experience in delivering confidence to enterprises in adopting open source software and are known for their thought leadership.
As a team culture, Ashnik is a family for its team members. Each member brings in different perspective, new ideas and diverse background. Yet we all together strive for one goal – to deliver best solution to our customers using open source software. We passionately believe in power of collaboration. Through an open platform of idea exchange we create vibrant environment for growth and excellence.
THE POSITION :
Ashnik is looking for talented and passionate people to be part of Presales team. In this role you will be responsible for pre-sales and solution architecting using PostgreSQL and open source database technologies. This role will involve customer interactions for presentations during pre-sales cycle, preparing and defending proposals, devising solution and implementation. You would be the face of the company making presentations at industry events, holding workshops and bringing new insights to the technical teams. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare within enterprise customers becoming the trusted advisor. This role also requires you to have good solution architecting skills. You should also have proven track record to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. The critical success factor of this role is the ability to communicate the value of PostgreSQL, EDB Postgres and demonstrate thought leadership through solution architecting skills using open source technologies.
LOCATION : Singapore, Citizen/ PR preferred
- Primarily engage in a technical consultancy role during the pre-sales cycle, provide technical assistance and guidance specific to enterprise level implementations.
- Make presentations of the solutions, technologies and their use cases
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Ashnik, and participate in all levels of discussions throughout the organization to ensure our solution is set up for successful deployment
- Work with strategic, enterprise class customers, delivering solutions architecture consulting, technical guidance, knowledge transfer and establish “trusted advisor status”
- Engage with technology vendors : establish Ashnik’s value, bring insights of product development and new features back to Ashnik team, ensure enablement of Ashnik’s pre-sales and technical team
- Create visibility of solutions developed through pre-sales engagement to entire team and develop case studies
- Participate in workshops, events and industry fora to present solutions
- Contribute to blogs and videos for Ashnik publications
- Contribute towards building replicable solutions based on customer and industry insights
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE :
- Minimum 8 years of hands on experience in open source database technologies
- Minimum 5 years of experience in solution architecting
- Experience in archtecting and deploying database solution on cloud platform is highly desirable
- Hands on experience in PostgreSQL or Oracle database technologies
- Hands on experience in implementation of NoSQL databases – MongoDB, Couchbase is highly desired
- Very good understanding of database concepts and internals of any one RDBMS
- Hands on experience in RDBMS, SQL and scripting
- Experience in virtulization and Linux environment
- Proven track record in solution architecting for enterprise requirements.
- Prior experience in Pre-Sales is preferred
- Ideal candidate will preferably have 10 plus years experience in IT industry in various functions : implementation, solution architecting and pre-sales role
- Proven ability to lead and facilitate executive meetings and workshops
- Good Presentation and Communication skills along with the ability to communicate technical concepts in a simple and concise manner.
- Passion for open source technologies is desired
- Understanding of sale cycle and ability to work with Sales team.
- Proactive and positive attitude towards Sale engagement
- Engineering Degree
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU? :
You would be adding a great experience of working with a leading open source solutions company in South East Asia region to your career. You would get to learn from the leaders and grow in the industry. This would be a great opportunity for you to grow in your career through continuous learning, adding depth and breadth of technologies. Since we work with key, leading open source technologies and engage with large enterprises it creates enormous possibilities for career growth for our team. Not to mention that our people find the journey with Ashnik to be exciting and fulfilling experience.
Please send us your resume at email@example.com