- SG: +65 64383504
- IN: 022 25771219
- IN: 022 25792714
- IN: +91 9987536436
Technical Support Engineer – Couchbase
WHO WE ARE :
Established in 2009, we are a leading open source solutions and consulting company in South East Asia and India, with headquarters in Singapore. We enable Digital transformation for large enterprises through our design, architecting and solution skills. Over 100 large enterprises of the region have acknowledged our expertise in delivering solutions using key open source technologies. Our offerings form critical part of Digital transformation, Big Data, Containerization, DevOps and IT modernization initiatives of the large enterprises. We represent EnterpriseDB, Elastic, Docker, MongoDB, Nginx, Pentaho, Couchbase as their key partners for the region. Our team members bring decades of experience in delivering confidence to enterprises in adopting open source software and are known for their thought leadership.
As a team culture, Ashnik is a family for its team members. Each member brings in different perspective, new ideas and diverse background. Yet we all together strive for one goal – to deliver best solution to our customer using open source software. We passionately believe in power of collaboration. Through an open platform of idea exchange we create vibrant environment for growth and excellence.
THE POSITION :
Ashnik is looking for talented and passionate people to be part of production support team. You will be responsible for solving technical problems to ensure uptime. You will assist customers with their technical issues and questions around specific technology, including configuration and tuning and performance. Successful candidate should understand the importance of ownership of the problem and way to get it solved by leveraging the team in given time.
LOCATION : Mumbai and Singapore
- Be the first point of contact for support queries
- Be responsible for solving customer queries and tickets in timely manner.
- Communicate with customer and internal team regarding problems reported and solved status in timely and effective manner.
- Apply updates and patches to keep the software up-to-date in line with organizational policies
- Provide support for installation and configuration.
- Monitor and identify areas of performance improvement
- Identify and write scripts for automating support tasks.
- Communicate effectively internally and with product support team to reproduce, resolve support cases and document them.
- Contribute to internal knowledgebase system, FAQs, troubleshooting, best practices etc.
- Become an expert on the product and stay up-to-date about new features.
- Perform troubleshooting to assist application teams in Root Cause Analysis and support the same with help of logs and data
- In case RCA points to an issue with Couchbase or Couchbase Sync Gateway, provide effective resolution or workaround to customer
- Communicate with other teams at customer’s end for various tasks and seek/provide support as needed e.g. monitoring, alerting, OS patching
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- 2 -4 years of experience in support role.
- 2 – 3 years experience in Couchbase or other NoSQL database technologies is plus.
- Experience in installation, configuration and setting up of these products
- Must have basic understanding of Linux and networking
- Sound knowledge of database fundamentals
- Experience in setting up high availability environment for NoSQL database servers
- Experience with enterprise tools like, Remedy Force, Control-M, MoveIT are preferred
- Experience in trouble shooting, maintaining and supporting production setup
- Debugging and problem solving approach and attitude.
- Engineering or equivalent degree
ESSENTIAL SKILLS :
- Ability to interact effectively with customers for problem resolution.
- Sense of urgency and ownership to get problems solved in timely manner
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work on multiple tickets/ support cases effectively and to be able to manage the time critical tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills along with the ability to communicate technical concepts in a simple and concise manner.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
You would be adding a great experience of working with a leading open source solutions company in South East Asia region to your career. You would get to learn from the leaders and grow in the industry. This would be a great opportunity for you to grow in your career through continuous learning, adding depth and breadth of technologies. Since we work with key, leading open source technologies and engage with large enterprises it creates enormous possibilities for career growth for our team. Not to mention that our people find the journey with Ashnik to be exciting and fulfilling experience.
Please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org