Google Hangout: Streaming Replication Made easy in Postgres 9.3
Watch Ashnik’s Google Hangout event on PostgreSQL features and tricks, right here on
9th July 2014, 9.30 pm EDT / 10th July 9.30 am SGT!
Talking on Streaming Replication Made easy in Postgres 9.3
Streaming Replication was added in v9.0 in PostgreSQL. Since then it has evolved a lot and has been one of the key highlights of all the releases since then.
PostgreSQL v9.3 continued that legacy and takes Streaming Replication to a new height of standards.
This session will help you learn more about this feature in Postgres 9.3, essentially –
1. pg_basebackup enhancements which makes it super easy to create a new replica
2. WAL files to include timeline switch info which makes re-mastering simpler in complex replication clusters
- Hangout Sequel: Streaming Replication in Postgres v9.4
- Google Hangout: Streaming Replication Made easy in Postgres 9.3
- Tips & Tricks on Tuning Slow Running SQLs in PostgreSQL